[FieldTrip] Problem loading data into FieldTrip-friendly configuration structure with ft_definetrial

O'Reilley, Kaitlin kro5 at illinois.edu
Mon Apr 11 18:10:20 CEST 2022

Hello there,

My name is Kaitlin O'Reilley, and I am an undergraduate researcher at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I am a new user to FieldTrip, applying it to analyze LFP data from an animal model. The data has already been preprocessed and sampled at 250 Hz. I am attempting to prepare the data with the necessary cfg for future analysis, expecting to get a new data variable outputted. I am using ft_definetrial, and my current configuration structure is as follows:

cfg =

  struct with fields:

          trialdef: [1×1 struct]
          trialfun: 'ft_trialfun_general'
representation: 'numeric'
           dataset: 'reworkfirst.mat'

My current issue, appears to be a missing function "printor" in the FieldTrip toolbox. This is the error message I have:

Undefined function 'printor' for input arguments of type 'cell'.

Error in ft_checkdata (line 530)
    typestr = printor(dtype, true);

This function "printor" is never defined in ft_checkdata and I also cannot find its location in another folder of the toolbox with "which printor". I've also referenced some of the MATLAB help pages and this has not yielded much success. I know ft_checkdata is nested into other functions called by ft_definetrial

My goal is to accomplish this primary step for future analysis. While it seems like ft_definetrial would be a reasonable option to load the data, I would appreciate to hear if there are other functions that are more effective. Below is a Google Drive link to the dataset I am analyzing. Any suggestions would be great.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i7DO73RkqxiCqhNZn0SwZ3FKcDGyhU9t/view?usp=sharing

Best,
Kaitlin O'Reilley