[FieldTrip] Volume Reslice Question

JT Galla jeffrey.galla at duke.edu
Mon Apr 4 23:25:38 CEST 2022

Hello!

Thank you so much for the response. I attempted the realignment using all of the other coordinate systems, and the only one that did not produce the same problem during my reslice was the ACPC coordinate system. However, even though I did not lose any slices during the reslice, I am now having a weird problem occur when I generate my source model. It appears that the top of the head is “wrapping” to the bottom and I am not quite sure why that is happening. I am generating the source model using the FEM and the Simbio toolbox using this tutorial: https://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/workshop/ohbm2018/forward/
The code I use to generate the head model and the source model is as follows:

cfg               = [];
cfg.method        = 'simbio';
cfg.conductivity  = [0.43 0.01 1.79 0.33 14];
cfg.tissuelabel   = {'scalp', 'skull', 'csf', 'gray','white'};
headmodel_fem_eeg = ft_prepare_headmodel(cfg, mesh_fem);

cfg                 = [];
cfg.resolution = 5; %in mm
cfg.headmodel       = headmodel_fem_eeg;
cfg.inwardshift     = 1; %shifts dipoles away from surfaces
sourcemodel         = ft_prepare_sourcemodel(cfg, headmodel_fem_eeg);

For troubleshooting, here are some images that might help.

Image of my resliced MRI using the ACPC coordinate system:

[cid:70B95CFE-6F3B-421F-861F-304C5E7265A1]

Image of my head model, which appears fine:

[cid:4940D270-ECB9-47AD-88F7-64B1BA7A3D1C]

Image of the incorrect source model, that is “wrapping”:

[cid:5D01DEAE-F32E-4217-BD49-4DAB7FA463CC]

Any suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated. One potential problem might be that, unfortunately, due to a problem with the MRI acquisition set-up, all of of MRI images have a few mm missing from the top of the subject’s head, Could this be what is causing the problem?

Best,
JT Galla