[FieldTrip] Reading in .bdf data into FieldTrip

Xavier Vrijdag x.vrijdag at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Sep 29 05:49:21 CEST 2021

Hello Kyla,

I use a BioSemi system as well. I import my bdf data with higher-level Fieldtrip functions, see the example below. You can also find additional information on the fieldtrip website: https://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/getting_started/biosemi/

        cfg.dataset = [filepath filename];

        cfg.channel    = 1:34;

        cfg.reref      = 'yes';

        cfg.refchannel = 'EEG'; % average of all EEG channels

        cfg.demean     = 'yes';

        cfg.detrend    = 'yes';

        data = ft_preprocessing(cfg);

regards,

Xavier

Xavier Vrijdag, MSc

Research fellow
Department of Anaesthesiology │ School of Medicine
Faculty of Medical & Health Sciences │ The University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019 │ Auckland 1142 │ New Zealand

M +64 21 0230 4558
E x.vrijdag at auckland.ac.nz<mailto:x.vrijdag at auckland.ac.nz>

[FMHS Logo]