[FieldTrip] problem using ft_sourceparcellate

Johannes Gehrig jgehrig at med.uni-frankfurt.de
Mon Oct 4 10:52:58 CEST 2021

Dear Fieldtrip-user,

I am facing a problem using ft_sourceinterpolate. I am following the
"Whole brain connectivity and network analysis"- Tutorial and as I can
not compute the connectivity directly with the source data ("out of
memory") I would like to perform the source parcellation before
computing the connectivity. Unfortunately (fieldtrip 20211001 and
matlab2018b) ft_sourceparcellate crashes after calling it. Before
computing the source data the sourcemodel was interpolated with the
atlas using ft_sourceinterpolate. Therefore the amount of positions in
the atlas and the source data is the same (8004).

load('atlas_MMP1.0_4k.mat');
cfg = [];
cfg.parcellation = 'parcellation';
cfg.method       = 'mean';
cfg.parameter    = 'all';
parc_sourceOn = ft_sourceparcellate(cfg, source_ON, atlas);

Error message:"
there are in total 8004 positions, 4544 positions are inside the brain,
8004 positions have a label
4544 of the positions inside the brain have a label
4544 of the labeled positions are inside the brain
0 of the positions inside the brain do not have a label
creating 362 parcels for parameter csd by taking the mean
computing parcellation
232           tmp(j,:,:) = cellmean1(dat(tissue==j));
computing parcellation for L_V1_ROI
Index exceeds array bounds.

Error in ft_sourceparcellate>cellmean1 (line 494)
y = x{1};

Error in ft_sourceparcellate (line 232)
           tmp(j,:,:) = cellmean1(dat(tissue==j));

"

Any help and ideas are very much appreciated!

Best regards, Johannes