[FieldTrip] Fwd: MOUS dataset source and head models

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) janmathijs.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Wed Nov 10 08:36:15 CET 2021

Hi Philip,

I think it makes sense to discuss this issue on the mailing list.

The difference that you describe arise from the fact that the subject individual headmodels are NOT a spatially warped version of the template grid. The individual models were constructed from the individual subjects’ anatomical images. If it is the intention to perform a source analysis on the cortical surface level, it’s always preferred (if possible) to use the subject-specific meshes, and not a spatially warped (i.e. warped by means of spatial transformations that are applicable to 3D volumetric objects) template. This is because the gyrification is of course highly individual.

Best wishes,

Jan-Mathijd

Begin forwarded message: