[FieldTrip] Fwd: Poor Interpolation in ft_topoplotER?

Christina Vanden Bosch der Nederlanden christinavb at gmail.com
Tue May 25 21:09:02 CEST 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Christina Vanden Bosch der Nederlanden <christinavb at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, May 21, 2021 at 3:46 PM
Subject: Poor Interpolation in ft_topoplotER?
To: <fieldtrip-request at science.ru.nl>

Dear FT,

I am trying to create a grand average topoplot for all my (infant)
subjects's EGI sensor net phase coherence data. Code is below:

cfg = [];

cfg.parameter = 'cohspctrm';

cfg.appenddim = 'rpt';

cfg.channelcmb = cohall{1}.labelcmb %this is 128 x 2 list of 128 electrodes
and 'Stimulus' pair

cohcomb = ft_appendfreq(cfg, cohall{:});

cfg=[];

cfg.avgoverrpt='yes';

cfg.frequency = [3 9];

avgcoh=ft_selectdata(cfg,cohcomb);

avgcoh = rmfield(avgcoh,'cfg'); %just to make plotting faster, take out all
the old cfgs

cfg=[];

cfg.layout='GSN-HydroCel-128.sfp';

cfg.colorbar = 'yes';

cfg.parameter = 'cohspctrm';

cfg.refchannel = 'Stimulus';

figure;ft_topoplotER(cfg,avgcoh);

This works, of course, but my average topoplot looks like below, with
greatest coherence for areas where there are no electrodes consistently
across participants. Is there something I can do to change the
interpolation so FT doesn't include guesses about these missing electrodes?

Thank you!

Christina

--
Christina M. Vanden Bosch der Nederlanden
Postdoctoral Fellow

christinavb at gmail.com