[FieldTrip] Scaling of Laplacian transformed ERPs

Natalie Poppa Natalie.Poppa at UGent.be
Fri May 14 14:21:36 CEST 2021

Greetings,

I was using the Fieldtrip plug-in within Brainstorm to apply the Laplacian spline transformation to my ERPs. When I visualized ERPs within Brainstorm, they were scaled approximately between -150 to 150 (the units were labeled microvolts, but this must be a mislabeling since it should be in V/m^2)... Anyway, when I export my ERPs, the values are 10^6 times smaller. Should I rescale them to match what I see when plotting in Brainstorm, or is V/m^2 expected to be a very small number?

Thank you,

Tasha

Tasha Poppa, PhD
https://www.gheplab.ugent.be/