[FieldTrip] Question regarding nonparametric testing for coherence differences

Raghavan Gopalakrishnan gopalar.ccf at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 13:45:03 CET 2021

Hi Jack,

I am also trying something along the same lines.

I think this paper might be of help to you. I tried contacting the authors
but could not get a working code.

Phillips JM, Vinck M, Everling S, Womelsdorf T. A long-range
fronto-parietal 5- to 10-Hz network predicts "top-down" controlled guidance
in a task-switch paradigm. Cereb Cortex. 2014;24(8):1996-2008.
doi:10.1093/cercor/bht050

Thanks,

Raghavan

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 3:27 AM Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) <
jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl> wrote:

> Hi Jack,
>
> No, currently it is not possible to cluster data of dimensionality
> chan_chan_<something else>_<etc>. In older versions of the low-level code
> (findcluster) there were some lines of code (experimental) which have never
> been ‘active’ as such - i.e. they were not reachable when these functions
> were called from the higher level code. In the old days, if I remember
> well, Eric played around with channel-like clustering along more than one
> dimension, but the active development of this functionality was abandoned
> because it was hard to get it right. I have just finished a revision of the
> clustering code which will be released soon, where I actually haver removed
> those non-functional lines.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Jan-Mathijs
>

> On 19 Mar 2021, at 00:33, Jack Fogarty <jf752 at uowmail.edu.au> wrote:
>
> Dear Prof Maris and Fieldtrip team,
>
> Is there an established approach to clustering across channel x channel x
> frequency, as mentioned in this thread? I am hoping to try an exploratory
> between groups analysis of WPLI differences and it is unclear if the
> current fieldtrip functions behave when dealing with that complexity.
>
> The ‘findcluster’ function seems well set up for matrices of chan x freq x
> time, but it is difficult to determine if it can handle chan x chan x freq
> appropriately, or if a new function is required altogether.
>
> Any insight would be helpful thank you!
>
> Jack Fogarty
> PhD Student
>
> T:  +61 4221 5547  |  E:  jf752 at uowmail.edu.au
>
> Brain & Behaviour Research Institute
> Psychophysiology Lab | School of Psychology | University of Wollongong
> <image001.png><image002.png>

*Raghavan Gopalakrishnan,*
*Principal Research Engineer, *
*Cleveland Clinic*