[FieldTrip] source-level cluster analysis?

Paolo Belardinelli paolo.belardinelli at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 21:02:41 CET 2021

Hi Eniko.

You might check this out:

https://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/example/source_statistics/

I would add that in my experience a strong significance at sensor does not
imply a significance at source.

Best wishes,

Paolo

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 8:13 PM Ladanyi, Eniko <eniko.ladanyi at vumc.org>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I am analyzing an MEG dataset in which I only have access to source-level
> data. I ran cluster-based permutation tests on the data with pre-defined
> ROI-s but I was wondering if it would make sense not to pre-define ROI-s
> but search for spatial clusters with a cluster-based permutation test. I’m
> not familiar enough with MEG, so I can’t decide if the features of
> source-level data would allow me to run the cluster analysis the same way
> described here for sensor-level data:
> https://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/cluster_permutation_freq/.
>

> Would cluster-based permutation test work as well with source-level data
> as with sensor-level data? If so, what kind of layout file should I use?
> Positions of sensors/electrodes can be defined with two coordinates but
> sources can be only defined with three coordinates.
>

> Thanks so much in advance for any advice!
>

> Best,
>

> Eniko
>

> *********************
>
> Eniko Ladanyi, Ph.D.
>
> Postdoctoral Fellow
>
> Vanderbilt University Medical Center
>
> Music Cognition Lab
>
> https://enikoladanyi.com/

[image: Università di Trento] <http://www.unitn.it/>

Paolo Belardinelli, PhD

Center for Mind/Brain Sciences - CIMeC <https://www.cimec.unitn.it/en>

University of Trento
Via delle Regole, 101, 38123 Mattarello-Trento (TN), Italy
Phone: (+39)0461-283097
[image: facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/cimec.unitrento/>[image:
twitter] <https://twitter.com/cimec_unitrento>[image: instagram]
<https://www.instagram.com/cimec_unitrento/>[image: linkedin]