[FieldTrip] Design matrix for using ft_statfun_actvsblT

Paul Dhami pdhami06 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 17:30:09 CET 2021

Dear Jan-Mathijs

Thank you for your response! It is greatly appreciated.

1. Admittedly, I am hoping to use FieldTrip to conduct some states on
single channel data. Accordingly, I created a "hacked" structure following
what should be in a time lock data type using this page:
https://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/reference/ft_datatype_timelock/

I believe I have copied it appropriately, so I am leaning towards a mistake
with regards to my design matrix.

2. I was unsure of this, but following multiple FieldTrip threads, it seems
as though some people have used 'actvsblT' for ERP data. My specific
experiment contains a single stimuli, and I simply want to see if the
stimuli modulates the neural activity in any significant manner (is post
stimuli data different from the baseline data).

Reading the instructions for this function:
https://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/reference/ft_statfun_actvsblT/

It reads as though it could be used on TimeLocked data (after commenting
out the lines you mentioned which restrict it to time-frequency
representation).

I would love to know your thoughts on what would be the best way to
statistically compare baseline data versus post stimuli data. This is
admittedly my first time working with such an experimental setup.

Best wishes,
Paul