[FieldTrip] psd for brief segments

mubeen afzal mubafzal at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 4 12:36:08 CET 2021

Thanks very much Stephen for your input. My understanding for many of the clinical outcome studies when they talk about 'peak paroxysm frequency' they look at the slow wave frequency. However you are probably right, frequency analysis doesnt make sense if there is one cycle spike/wave only. I think some of the quantitative studies leave out brief fragment in the method sections (This is an excellent recent paper on quantitative analysis - Ivan C. Zibrandtsen, Jonas M. Nielsen, Troels W. Kjaer, Quantitative characteristics of spike-wave paroxysms in genetic generalized epilepsy, Clinical Neurophysiology)

I might try out what you suggested in terms of electrode comparison of power spectrum.

Could you also please direct me on how to plot multi-channel powerspectrum in field trip once we have the freqanalysis structure. Frequency vs Powspctrm for all channels in one figure? .e 27 channel lines plotted for power(y-axis) vs frequency (x-axis) and ignore the time domain? I have done it in brainstorm but I have been wanting to do it in fieldtrip but havent worked it out as yet.

[cid:52a16327-3d10-42f2-9631-0103f9876be6]

Regards,
Mubeen