[FieldTrip] cluster-based permutation test for PSD

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Thu Mar 4 09:10:07 CET 2021

Hi Omid,

1) I would like to know how I can have these kinds of plots & analysis in  Fieldtrip.

Yes.

2)I have preprocced my raw data on EEglab. Can I use them in Fieldtrip?

Yes. There’s a function in EEGlab, called eeglab2fieldtrip that can convert data from an EEG ‘format’ to a structure that fieldtrip can work with. As far as I know, it does not support the conversion of data defined in the spectral domain however, so you can transform the time-domain data from EEGlab into fieldtrip format, and would need to redo the spectral analysis in Fieldtrip. Alternatively, you can try and be creative, and write some code yourself to convert the PSDs and associated metadata into a structure that the statistics-functions in Fieldtrip can handle. For this you may want to investigate the documentation of ft_datatype_freq

Good luck,
Jan-Mathijs

In advance thank you for attention.

Best regards