[FieldTrip] psd for brief segments

mubeen afzal mubafzal at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 4 06:12:06 CET 2021

Hi fieldtrip team,

I wanted to ask the experts here if power can be calculated on such brief segment of generalised spike/wave. In the 30 minute recording this subject had only this single spike. Can a peak PSD be reliably calculated for such a brief segment and if so what window size and taper should ideally be used. I am using 4 second windows for other subjects who have 2 or more cycles of the spike/slow wave. I am not really interested in time-resolved frequency band. Just the freq-power relationship. This is quite confusing for me. All help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Mubeen