[FieldTrip] problem with data2bids writing tsv channel file

Megan Boudewyn mboudewyn at ucsc.edu
Thu Jun 3 17:24:16 CEST 2021

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone here has encountered the same problem that I'm running
into when using data2bids with an eeglab dataset (.set):

When I run this function, it successfully creates the BIDS-compatible
directories in the target location, copies over the eeg datafile and writes
the eeg.json file. However, it then runs into trouble when writing the tsv
channel file. It looks like the table containing channel information that
is generated by the data2bids function contains cell columns which cause an
error when it then calls the writetable function, which is expecting
character input.

The specific error message sequence I get in Matlab is copied below:

Error using writetable (line 124)
Expected input to be one of these types:
char
Instead its type was cell.

Error in ft_write_tsv (line 41)
writetable(tsv, filename, 'Deliminter', 'tab', 'Filetype', 'text');

Error in data2bids (line 1901)
ft_write_tsv(filename, modality_tsv)

Any suggestions would be appreciated- thank you!

-Megan

--
Megan Boudewyn, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor