[FieldTrip] 3D Scan Data - texture size error

Sanchez-alonso, Sara sara.sanchez.alonso at yale.edu
Mon Jul 5 23:20:56 CEST 2021

Dear FieldTrip Community,

I am trying to localize NIRS optodes using a 3D structure sensor (specifically Structure Sensor Mark II, https://structure.io/structure-sensor). I have been following the FieldTrip scanner tutorial, which seems to work with most of my scans (20 scans in total), but not for a subset (7 scans). When I try to load the data for this subset of scans, I get an error in the refine function:

Error using refine (line 72)
invalid size of texture

Error in ft_read_headshape (line 1030)
        [shape.pos, shape.tri, texture] = refine(shape.pos, shape.tri,...

Searching through the discussion list, I saw that someone run into a similar error about a year ago, which was caused by the assumptions that FieldTrip makes about the content of the obj-file. It seems that this issue had been solved, so I wonder whether this is due to a similar or new issue.

I am using fieldtrip-20210629 and jpg as image file.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best,
Sara

--
Sara Sanchez-Alonso, Ph.D.