[FieldTrip] 'db' baseline

Marta Andujar marta.andujar at uniroma1.it
Mon Jan 4 15:01:02 CET 2021

Dear All,

I am performing a TF analysis via wavelet algorithm. I am using a db
baseline normalization. For few trials and only in some channels and
conditions, after this procedure  i get -inf as power value. Raw data do
not contain NaN. Why I get this result? By inspecting the power at single
trial level I could not see any "overnormal" noise in those trials.
A second question concerns the prerocessing: I am applying a butterwoth
bandpass([0.5 1000 Hz]) filter to raw data sampled at 24 KHz. If I set the
filter order to 5, the resulting TF matrix is an m by n NaN matrix. However
this occurs again, only for some channels and conditions. At the moment I
am applying a second order filter to avoid this problem but I would like to
figure out why this occurs.
Many thanks

Marta

Le informazioni
contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono strettamente
riservate e indirizzate esclusivamente al destinatario. Si prega di non
leggere, fare copia, inoltrare a terzi o conservare tale messaggio se non
si è il legittimo destinatario dello stesso. Qualora tale messaggio sia
stato ricevuto per errore, si prega di restituirlo al mittente e di
cancellarlo permanentemente dal proprio computer.
The information contained
in this e mail message is strictly confidential and intended for the use of
the addressee only.  If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
read, copy, forward or store it on your computer. If you have received the
message in error, please forward it back to the sender and delete it
permanently from your computer system.