[FieldTrip] best parameters for wavelet convolution.

mubeen afzal mubafzal at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 18 06:57:43 CET 2021

Hi all,

I am aiming to calculate average spectral values for segment of EEG containing spike/wave discharges in patients which can last anywhere between 0.5 seconds to 6 seconds. I am planning on morlet wavelet convolution but am unsure what the best parameters would be in terms of width/cycles/timewin of the morlet configurations. Typically these spike/waves on visual inspection are anywhere between 1hz to more commonly between 3-4 Hz or less often 5 hz frequency discharges.

  1.  What would be the best parameters for a wavelet convolution?

 2. is baseline normalization usually done before spectral analysis or can it be done after?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Mubeen J