[FieldTrip] Functional connectivity ft_sourceparcellate

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Sun Apr 11 18:55:36 CEST 2021

Hi René,

To be honest, your question is a bit underspecified. Just an error message and a script without any additional information is not inspiring enough to the readership of this list to really be able to help you.

The error itself looks pretty self explanatory to me, and I suggest that you first start and try to understand yourself what it means. It says that the source positions are not consistent with the parcellation. Thus, this suggests that there’s a mismatch between the positions of the sources that you want to be parcellated, and the positions as specified in the parcellation.

I suggest that you start by comparing those positions, and then think a bit about whether these are to be expected to be the same. If the answer to the last question is ‘yes’, then you should work your way backward in the script, and try to find where approximately the mismatch occurs. This is then information that you can provide the readers of this list with, so that we can think along.

Also, I would assume that you have tried the original tutorial with the data that belongs to this tutorial, as a sanity check that the code runs through in general.

Best wishes and good luck with the detective work,

Jan-Mathijs