[FieldTrip] Importing BESA EEG data to Fieldtrip

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Tue Sep 15 08:21:14 CEST 2020

Hi Alina,

I am not sure whether the formats you refer to are currently supported in FieldTrip.

There is documentation on the BESA wiki, so with some coding skills you can try to implement it yourself:

For the generic file format:

http://wiki.besa.de/index.php?title=Working_With_Additional_Files#Generic_File_Format

On the same page there is also some information about .evt files, which seem to be plain text files, so relatively straightforward to deal with.

Have you checked with the BESA folks?

Best wishes,
Jan-Mathijs