[FieldTrip] source interpolation positions

Rouzbeh Zamyadi rouzbeh.zamyadi at sickkids.ca
Fri Sep 4 22:09:02 CEST 2020

Hello,

I'm currently working on source analysis of an MEG data set using both DICS and LCMV beamforming.
I calculate the source grand average (let's call the output sourceAvg) for the DICS beamformer (after contrasting conditions). Then I interpolate the sources (let's call this one sourceInt) onto the subject MRI using "ft_sourceinterpolate". The output structure of the source interpolate function has a ".pos" variable that includes the x,y,z coordinates of the power values (that I assume are used to play the source plots, etc).

I would like to know if there is any way to transform these coordinates back into the coordinates after doing the source grand averaging, there is a transform variable in the output structure of the source interpolate step but I'm not sure if this is related, I'm also assuming multiple. I'm actually not sure if this is possible at all since I'm assuming the position values in sourceInt are components of the position values in sourceAvg, and that multiple components in sourceInt.pos are required to calculate the resultant vector.

Alternatively, I could also interpolate the resulting LCMV beamformer time courses, but I couldn't find anything on the fieldtrip website that would let me do this.

Thank you!

This e-mail may contain confidential, personal and/or health information(information which may be subject to legal restrictions on use, retention and/or disclosure) for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.