[FieldTrip] layout problems

liyy90 liyy90 at 163.com
Wed Sep 2 05:27:10 CEST 2020

Dear FieldTrippers,

I have been confused by the 'layout' in FieldTrip.
First of all, I noticed that there are many existing layout files in the layout folder, but I wonder the difference between like 'EEG1010' and 'elec1010'.
Here comes my second question. If I want to use these default layout files for my 64 channel data, no matter recorded with BP, Neurocan, ANT Neuro or others, which one is appropriate? That is, is there a general layout for most data format? Or do I have to create specific layout for specific data?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Best wishes,
Yan