[FieldTrip] (no subject)

Radha Kumari (PGR) 2375059K at student.gla.ac.uk
Thu Oct 29 21:11:48 CET 2020

Hi there,
I hope you are doing well. I am doing source analysis on Motor imagery data.

  1.  I am using DICS beamforming to beam my ERD effect( event related desynchronization, decrease in power during movement) in 3 frequency bands. I use standard MRI for my forward model. I get the source activations. I am interested in averaging activations in my region of interests(ROI). I used HMAT atlas from http://lrnlab.org/ that uses MNI . However the code gives error-
Error using ft_volumelookup<matlab:matlab.internal.language.introspective.errorDocCallback('ft_volumelookup',%20'C:\Users\2375059k\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB%20Add-Ons\Collections\Fieldtrip\ft_volumelookup.m',%20248)> (line 248<matlab:%20opentoline('C:\Users\2375059k\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB%20Add-Ons\Collections\Fieldtrip\ft_volumelookup.m',248,0)>)
the mismatch between the coordinate system in the atlas and the coordinate system in the data cannot be resolved
The standard MRI has spm as the coordinate system and  I read here (https://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/faq/how_are_the_different_head_and_mri_coordinate_systems_defined/#details-of-the-mni-coordinate-system )that SPM makes use of the MNI coordinate system. How can I make it work?

  1.  My effect of motor imagery is in  a frequency band so I use beamformer in frequency domain. But, I need a broadband source time series in regions of interest that I can use for connectivity analysis. How can I find that? Its mentioned on Fieldtrip website to use LCMV beamforming in time domain using ft_timelockanalysis, but I don't think there is any time locked effect in my data between different conditions, so what should be the approach to get source time series.

Thanks and Regards,
Radha