[FieldTrip] EEG rereferencing with REST method

Min-Young Kim mykim at kriss.re.kr
Thu Oct 22 06:40:43 CEST 2020

Yes, I read Dong et al’s paper published in Frontiers in Neuroscience (2017). In the paper, the REST EEG was expressed in two equations

(1)   V_REST = R_AR * V_AR

(2)   V_REST = V_AR + l*average(V_REST)

, where the V_REST in (2) was calculated by using (1). At first, I assumed that (1) was enough to get V_REST, but now I figured out that (2) was used to get better approximation of V_REST. I will check whether my leadfield was calculated properly. The 2nd term in (2), i.e., l*average(V_REST), was order of 10^(-20), which was why my V_AR and V_REST were almost the same. Maybe I messed up with some unit conversions. Wish me luck!

All the best,

Min-Young

Min-Young Kim, Ph.D.

Tel: +82) 42 - 868 - 5204 (Office)

Email:  <mailto:mykim at kriss.re.kr> mykim at kriss.re.kr

Quantum Technology Institute

Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science