[FieldTrip] ft_redefinetrials and problems with selecting data afterwards, and averaging

Cécilia Mazzetti Cecilia.Mazzetti at unige.ch
Tue Oct 6 17:58:45 CEST 2020

Hello  everyone,

I keep having this problem and not being able to solve it.

Main goal is to do a source analysis of some data, the baseline is cue locked, while the active window is response locked.

When determining the active window, I use redefinetrial (with offset as only parameter) to create the epochs response locked.

This works, but when I try and select some data from this response locked ones, FT gives me an error:

Error using  <

Matrix dimensions must agree.

Error in ft_selectdata>getselection_time (line 981)

  if all(cfg.latency<mintime) || all(cfg.latency>maxtime)

Error in ft_selectdata (line 279)

if hastime,    [seltime,    cfg] = getselection_time   (cfg, varargin{:}, cfg.tolerance, cfg.select); end

Also if computing common filters from cue locked and response locked (baseline and active windows) data, I eventually get a vector of zeroes in the avg.pow field when grand averaging the conditions

pow: [6426x0 double]

maybe some problem in the averaging occurs because of redefine trials?

Thanks in advance to whoever will help!!!

Cecilia Mazzetti, Postdoc Researcher

Faculté de médecine de l'Université de Genève

Chemin des Mines 9, 1202 Genève

+41 2237 90992