[FieldTrip] Data contains NaN

Marta Andujar marta.andujar at uniroma1.it
Thu Oct 1 12:53:26 CEST 2020

Dear all,
I am experiencing some problems with importing my dataset. My original
dataset is composed of N Tank files, each containing raw neural data from
one electrode,recorded by means of Tucker-Davis Technologies system. At the
beginning, I convert my data  in .nex files through OpenBridge software.
Subsequently, I start the analysis by epoching the data(i.e. defining
trials) and calling ft_preprocessing. Below the script:

direction='Right'
cfg = [];
cfg.dataset = ['......nex'] ;
event= ft_read_event(cfg.dataset);
ev=unique({event.type})
cfg.trialdef.eventtype=ev(1);
cfg.trialdef.pre=0; % Seconds before the stimulus
cfg.trialdef.post=1.5;
cfg.trialfun='ft_definetrial_GoCorr'; %%%%change name function based on
condition (i.e.'..StopCorr' | '...StopWrong) In Go condition trials are
sorted for RTs
cfg= ft_definetrial(cfg);
cfg.lpfilter       = 'yes';        % enable low-pass filtering
cfg.lpfreq         = 600;          % set up the frequency for low-pass
filter
cfg.dftfilter      = 'yes';
% cfg.dftfreq = 50; %%% remove power line noise
cfg.detrend = 'yes';%
cfg.channel= 'xWav17';
cfg.lpfilttype='fir'
cfg.pad=10
data               = ft_preprocessing(cfg);

Unfortunately, at this point, a Warning message pop-up saying "Data
contains NaNs". When I go through  data.trial I see lots of NaNs. According
to my understanding this is not related to problem with trials definition,
since every trigger I use to define trials is present and since I have
already tried the suggestions provided here
 https://mailman.science.ru.nl/pipermail/fieldtrip/2019-July/039444.html
I guess that some troubles occurred during the conversion. Has someone
experienced the same problem? How could I solve it? Should I try to convert
my original data in .mat format and restart the analysis from these .mat
files?
Thank you in advance for the help :)
Marta

Le informazioni
contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono strettamente
riservate e indirizzate esclusivamente al destinatario. Si prega di non
leggere, fare copia, inoltrare a terzi o conservare tale messaggio se non
si è il legittimo destinatario dello stesso. Qualora tale messaggio sia
stato ricevuto per errore, si prega di restituirlo al mittente e di
cancellarlo permanentemente dal proprio computer.
The information contained
in this e mail message is strictly confidential and intended for the use of
the addressee only.  If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
read, copy, forward or store it on your computer. If you have received the
message in error, please forward it back to the sender and delete it
permanently from your computer system.