[FieldTrip] Problems with ft_icabrowser

Martin Schaefer martin.schaefer at ki.se
Fri Nov 27 11:58:20 CET 2020

Dear FT community,

I'm in the process of doing an ICA on my EEG data, but run into the following error using ft_icabrowser:
Error using topoplot_common (line 529)
labels in data and labels in layout do not match

Error in ft_topoplotIC (line 185)
  [cfg] = topoplot_common(cfg, comp);

Error in ft_icabrowser (line 151)
        ft_topoplotIC(cfgtopo, comp);

I tried to step through the code and debug it and noticed that when ft_icabrowser calls ft_topoplotIC (on line 151) the cfg.layout.label changes.
It removes all my channel labels and only leaves:
'COMNT'
'SCALE'

These configuration settings are then used for calling topoplot_common.
I assume that this is the reason why I get the error that labels in data and labels in layout do not match.

Does anyone know why this happens and how to solve it?

My code:

    cfg = [];
    cfg.method         = 'runica';
    cfg.runica.pca     = 32;
    comps{subject}  = ft_componentanalysis(cfg, data_repaired_channels);

    % visualise components and decide which to keep/reject
    cfg = [];
    cfg.elec         = elec;
    cfg.layout     = ft_prepare_layout(cfg,elec);
    cfg.path        = Path2Save;
    cfg.prefix      = ( ['component_' num2str(subject)] );
    ft_databrowser(cfg,comps{subject});
    rejcomp        = ft_icabrowser(cfg,comps{subject});

Best regards,
Martin

Martin Schaefer | PhD Student

https://www.perceptionlab.se/

Department of Clinical Neuroscience (CNS), K8

Karolinska Institutet | 17 177 Stockholm | Nobels väg 9

martin.schaefer at ki.se<mailto:artin.arshamian at ki.se>

Karolinska Institutet – a Medical University

När du skickar e-post till Karolinska Institutet (KI) innebär detta att KI kommer att behandla dina personuppgifter. Här finns information om hur KI behandlar personuppgifter<https://ki.se/medarbetare/integritetsskyddspolicy>.

Sending email to Karolinska Institutet (KI) will result in KI processing your personal data. You can read more about KI’s processing of personal data here<https://ki.se/en/staff/data-protection-policy>.