[FieldTrip] matrix multiplication error in ft_sourcedescriptives

Philip Cho pnc9 at georgetown.edu
Wed Nov 11 04:12:38 CET 2020

Hello Fieldtrip Community,

I'm a new Fieldtrip user, and I'd appreciate any help I can receive. I'm
currently working on MEG source reconstruction of an averaged event-related
field from a single subject. I believe I have completed most of the steps,
and I'm able to view my results at a given time using ft_plot_mesh. What I
want to do now is view a movie of the activity, but for reasons I do not
fully understand, I am having trouble obtaining the descriptive parameters
of my results, which I believe is a parameter I must feed into
ft_sourcemovie.

In particular, when I run ft_sourcedescriptives, I obtain the following
error:

Error using  *
Incorrect dimensions for matrix multiplication. Check that the number of
columns in the first matrix matches the number of rows in the second
matrix. To perform elementwise multiplication, use
'.*'.

Error in ft_sourcedescriptives (line 619)
        source.avg.phi(diplop) = source.avg.ori{diplop}*nrm(diplop,:)';

Error in mous_sourcemovie (line 7)
sd  = ft_sourcedescriptives(cfg,source_allWords);

It looks like source.avg.ori{diplop}  is a 1x2 array, while nrm(diplop,:)'
is a 3x1 array. Please let me know if there is a possible fix to this
error. If any additional information is needed, I would also be happy to
send it out. Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

Best,
Philip