[FieldTrip] ft_singleplotER plotting help

FAIRS Amie amie.FAIRS at univ-amu.fr
Mon Nov 2 15:32:04 CET 2020

Hi everyone,

This is a very basic question but I'm at a loss as to how to solve it. I hope the explanation below is clear enough.

I want to plot ERPs from some different conditions using ft_singleplotER, with the different conditions overlaid. The different conditions are all subsets of one big dataset, where (simplified) I have a condition of word frequency of the stims presented in the experiment (high vs low). I created subsets of data by high vs low, using ft_timelockgrandaverage over all participants. From these big grand averages, I have then pulled out smaller subsets relating to channel groups (frontal, central, posterior).
For plotting, I want to plot something like:
Ft_singleplotER(cfg, highFreqFrontal, lowFreqFrontal, highFreqCentral, lowFreqCentral, highFreqPosterior, lowFreqPosterior)

However, with this I am getting an error about ylim:
Error using ylim (line 31)
Limits must be a 2-element vector of increasing numeric values.

Error in ft_singleplotER (line 460)
  ylim([ymin ymax]);

When I then manually specify y limits (as anything reasonable considering the data), with all 6 sets being plotted, I get a blank plot.
I don't think it is something in the datasets, because I can do individual plots of pairs. These all work:
Ft_singleplotER(cfg, highFreqFrontal, lowFreqFrontal)
Ft_singleplotER(cfg, highFreqCentral, lowFreqCentral)
Ft_singleplotER(cfg, highFreqPosterior, lowFreqPosterior)

But the minute I try to plot 3 of the sets, the plot becomes blank (if ylim is set), or crashes (if I don't specify).

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong? Or have I gone wrong earlier in the pipeline?

Best,

Amie

Dr. Amie Fairs
Post-doctorant
Aix-Marseille Université
Laboratoire Parole et Langage (LPL) | CNRS UMR 7309 | 5 Avenue Pasteur | 13100 Aix-en-Provence
Email : amie.fairs at univ-amu.fr<mailto:amie.fairs at univ-amu.fr>

While I may send this email outside of typical working hours, I have no expectation to receive an email outside of your typical hours.