[FieldTrip] Problem with FT's nanmean

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Wed May 6 13:39:40 CEST 2020

Hi Jo,

The size of the variable that you are using as an input is quite large, probably it takes up 20GB of RAM or so.
Perhaps that the low-level c-code, on which the nanmean mex-files are based, has problems dealing with such large variables? Although I would have expected an error to be thrown or a segmentation fault in that case. Does mr. Google provide any directions here (e.g. when searching for the maximum allowed variable size in mex files)?
As a side note, I am surprised that the code defaults to using the mex-file, while you seem to have the legacy nanmean function available.

Best wishes,
Jan-Mathijs