[FieldTrip] Help

Moolenaar Van Der Does, Does does.moolenaar-van-der-does19 at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Mar 4 15:54:11 CET 2020

Hi,

I am relatively new to coding and FieldTrip, so am going through the tutorials on the website. I am currently on "trigger-based trial selection". I have downloaded the correct data and added it onto my matlab pathway as well as the FieldTrip tool box (using ft_default to ensure not all of the folders are added onto the path). However, after the first bit of code:

cfg                         = [];

cfg.dataset                 = 'Subject01.ds';

cfg.trialfun                = 'ft_trialfun_general'; % this is the default

cfg.trialdef.eventtype      = 'backpanel trigger';

cfg.trialdef.eventvalue = [3 5 9]; % the values of the stimulus trigger for all three conditions

%  (3: fully incongruent (FIC), 5: initially congruent (IC), 9: fully congruent (FC))

cfg.trialdef.prestim = 1; % in secs

cfg.trialdef.poststim = 2; % in secs

cfg = ft_definetrial(cfg);

I am receiving this message:

evaluating trialfunction 'ft_trialfun_general'
reading the header from 'Subject01.ds'
Error using ft_read_header (line 2604)
unsupported header format "unknown"

Error in ft_trialfun_general (line 84)
  hdr = ft_read_header(cfg.headerfile, 'headerformat', cfg.headerformat);

Error in ft_definetrial (line 185)
    [trl, event] = feval(cfg.trialfun, cfg);

​Could someone please help me fix this problem? Have been trying to understand it myself but with no luck.Thank you!

Does Moolenaar