[FieldTrip] Question with ft_statfun_depsamplesFmultivariate.m

John Nguyen johnnguyen.education at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 10:09:53 CEST 2020

Hi All,

Hope things are well. I have a question about one of the ft's stat
function, as I'm trying to replicated something similar so I can use the
cluster permutation test.
In ft_statfun_depsamplesFmultivariate.m, the s.critval and s.prob
calculation involves them being adjusted by

"((nunits-1).*ncontrasts./(nunits-ncontrasts))"
and
 "((nunits-ncontrasts)./((nunits-1).*ncontrasts))"
respectively

Which isn't seen in ft_statfun_depsamplesFunivariate.m. Why are they being
adjusted? I've tried looking around trying to see when critvals are
adjusted (like during manovas) with no luck so I thought to ask here. Am I
forgetting something here?

Thank you,
John Nguyen
Boston University.