[FieldTrip] 3D Scan Data - texture size error

Rainer Scharf rainer.scharf at student.tugraz.at
Sun Jul 5 12:37:50 CEST 2020

Dear Community,

I’m trying to localize electrodes using a 3D Scanner according to the 3dscanner tutorial.
Everything works for the scan provided in the tutorial.

I use the Skanect Occipital Structure sensor (for computer) not the one for the iPad as shown in the tutorial.

After exporting the data from Skanect I get an OBJ- ,PNG- and MTL-File.
(The fieldtrip code is expecting a jpg-file)

I converted the png file to jpg and also tried to let Matlab use the png-file directly, but it seems to me the texture is not matching with the structure information as the code expects it.
(Other programs like cinema 4D are matching it without any problems.)

When I run the code I get an error in the refine - function:
Error using refine (line 72)
invalid size of texture

I’m using fieldtrip-20200607

Thanks in advances for your advices and support,

All the Best
Rainer