[FieldTrip] error using ft_read_header func

Stephen Whitmarsh stephen.whitmarsh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 17:49:00 CEST 2020

Dear Jan and J-M,

Since I was lurking, let me chime in for a second;

1) ft_read_header works as it is now works for me.
2) I replaced the 1 with a 0 as JM suggested, with same behaviour, so it
won't break it. Although it's on line 1792 instead of 1762, I assume a typo
by JM. I won't take your chance of having yoru first FieldTrip commit
though :-)
3) I have encountered this error before, but probably when reading corrupt
data. I have to say, .ncs files have given me a headache when dealing with
missing data (indicated by missing timestamps).
4) I tried it on a clean, fresh, Fieldtrip pull, without external neuralynx
libraries. However, we do use those provided by Neuralynx (download info
when you use ft_read_header), which *greatly *speeds up loading data.
5) I have had weirdly 'stuck' mex files, with unclear errors, which only
restarting my computer fixed. Seriously, at least give it a shot. I
wouldn't be surprised if that would work.

Let me know if I can help in another way.

Cheers,
Stephen