[FieldTrip] scalp is plotted in template sourcemodel & AW: Sourcegrandaverage error due to different "inside" values

Korzeczek, Alexandra alexandra.korzeczek at med.uni-goettingen.de
Thu Feb 20 18:48:46 CET 2020

Dear all,

just to answer my own question: my mistake was not to apply a template grid on individual subjects.
See tutorial step: Performing group analysis on 3-dimensional source-reconstructed data<http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/sourcemodel/#performing-group-analysis-on-3-dimensional-source-reconstructed-data>.

However, I have a follow-up question:
When I plot the sourcemodel/grid (calculated by a template and the individual mri) not the brain as shown in the tutorial but the scalp is plotted. The "scalp -sourcemodel" plot remains, even when using the example mri. Should I use the segmented mri as input to ft_prepare_sourcemodel instead?

FROM FIELDTRIP tutorial:
%% compute the source model
cfg = [];
cfg.warpmni   = 'yes';
cfg.template  = template.sourcemodel;
cfg.nonlinear = 'yes'; % use non-linear normalization
cfg.mri            = mri; ## HERE Use segementedmri?

sourcemodel        = ft_prepare_sourcemodel(cfg);

Thanks and Best,
Alexandra