[FieldTrip] [ft_databrowser] error: "left and right sides have a different number of elements"

Thelma Landron thelma.landron at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 19:14:16 CET 2020

Dear fieldtrip community,

I'm Thelma, PhD candidate at ICM, Paris.

I'm working on iEEG data, which I've preprocessed (bandpassed, mainly) and
have had it locked on the stimulus of interest & epoched (24 trials),
successfully so far.
However, when trying to visualise the epoched data using ft_databrowser,
matlab (not fieldtrip) raises an error. Here's how it looks like:

--------
ft_LFP_stimLock_iTask =

struct with fields:

           hdr: [1×1 struct]
         label: {6×1 cell}
          time: {1×24 cell}
         trial: {1×24 cell}
       fsample: 2048
    sampleinfo: [24×2 double]
           cfg: [1×1 struct]

--------

cfg                     = [];
cfg.channel       = 'all';
cfg.continuous   = 'no';
cfg.viewmode    = 'vertical';
cfg.allowoverlap = 'yes';
check_visu = ft_databrowser(cfg, ft_LFP_stimLock_iTask);

the input is raw data with 6 channels and 24 trials detected 0 visual
artifacts
the call to "ft_prepare_layout" took 0 seconds and required the additional
allocation of an estimated 0 MB
Unable to perform assignment because the left and right sides have a
different number of elements.

Error in ft_databrowser>redraw_cb (line 1811)
      eventtim(ievent) = (event(ievent).sample-begsample)/opt.fsample +
opt.hlim(1);

Error in ft_databrowser (line 733)
redraw_cb(h);
--------

I first tried to comment cfg entries one after the other but then resigned
myself to look for a similar bug on Google and the fieldtrip website, in
vain.
When "cfg.continuous  = 'yes';", it first seemed to work, but only for the
1.99 first seconds (~half the epoch length, stimulus locked at t = 2 s) as
the same error was raised when trying to visualise segments after 2 s.
I also cleared sampleinfo from the data structure ("clear
ft_LFP_stimLock_iTask.sampleinfo"), as suggested in one previous
ft_databrowser bug request but matlab keeps raising the same error.

Would any of you have an idea of how to fix this?

Many thanks,
--
*Thelma Landron*

   - PhD candidate,
   Motivation Brain and Behavior (MBB
   <https://sites.google.com/site/motivationbrainbehavior/>) team,
   Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle épinière (ICM
   <https://icm-institute.org/en/>), Sorbonne Université, Paris
   - Medical student, Université de Paris - Paris Descartes, Paris