[FieldTrip] Inconsistent results from ft_connectivityanalysis

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Mon Aug 31 17:44:46 CEST 2020

Maxime,
Can you please be a bit more specific? Currently, there is too little detail in your message to give a meaningful answer.
Please visit http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/faq/how_to_ask_good_questions_to_the_community/ to get an idea how to optimize your question.
Good luck,
Jan-Mathijs

On 31 Aug 2020, at 10:46, Maxime Fauvet <maxime.fauvet at inserm.fr<mailto:maxime.fauvet at inserm.fr>> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to perform a granger causality analyse from EEG and EMG signals but somehow i cannot achieve to get a complete time-frequency map of the GC. The problem seems to be with the matrix factorization step, the chol matlab function returning warning messages for almost all time points.

I use data from ft_freqanalysis and initially, raw data contain 2 signals (one EEG and one EMG) sampled at 1000 Hz. The imput matrix size is 2*ntrials*ntime with ntrials ~= 20, ntime ~= 3000.

Do you have any idea why the matrix factorization involved in GC computation is possible for some time points and is not for others?

Thank you in advance,

Maxime.