[FieldTrip] Total-Evoked Power

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Wed Aug 26 08:53:51 CEST 2020

Dear Mustufa,

Yes indeed. What you call ’total power’ is obtained by averaging the single trial powerspectra. To that end you call ft_freqanalysis on data that has the single trials represented. What you call ‘evoked power’ is obtained by calling ft_freqanalysis on a data structure that has passed through ft_timelockanalysis first.

Best wishes,
Jan-Mathijs