[FieldTrip] Padding with ft_freqanalysis

MUSTAFA YAVUZ m.yavuz.18 at ogr.iu.edu.tr
Sat Aug 15 01:19:12 CEST 2020

Hi all,

I'm trying to do time-frequency analysis with wavelets, however, since my
data is epoched and the trial length is relatively short, I cannot see
power at low frequency bins (e.g. 1-5 Hz). I thought that would be related
to short trials and tried padding out. However, it seems that it did not
work. I also tried to manipulate the masking parameters when plotting.
Nonetheless, is there any effective way to either: 1) padding out the data
to have better resolution at lower frequency or 2) a way to manipulate
plotting parameters to be able to demonstrate power at lower frequencies
whilst the data is unreliable ?

Thank you in advance