[FieldTrip] Epoch using events from a different file

Arti Abhishek mailtome.2113 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 15:44:05 CEST 2019

Dear field trip community,

I am trying to epoch an EEG dataset using events from a different  file
(ie, events are not present in the EEG file). I have preprocessed the EEG
and event information separately. The EEG data is in the fieldtript format
with the following fields;

hdr 1 x1 struct
label  64 x 1 cell
time 1 x 1 cell
trial 1 x 1 cell

I want to epoch the data using the event data (also in fieldtrip compatible
format) with fields

type, value, sample, offset, duration.

I couldn't find out how to do this. How do I  use ft_definetrial in this
case? All my attempts haven't worked yet. I could't find any example in the
website or in the discussion list. An example would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Arti