[FieldTrip] Discrepancy between trialwise and average data using ft_freqanalysis

Eelke Spaak e.spaak at donders.ru.nl
Thu Sep 5 10:05:24 CEST 2019

Dear Dan,

Note that db = 10 * log10(stim/bsl), so a non-linear operation.
Therefore the order of steps matters. Let mean(x) denote mean over
trials for x. Then the keeptrials=yes approach results in mean(10 *
log10(stim/bsl)), whereas the keeptrials=no approach results in 10 *
log10(mean(stim) / mean(bsl)). These are in general not the same.

Cheers,
Eelke