[FieldTrip] baseline correction - Cluster Based Permutation Test

Tara van Viegen taravanviegen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 19:49:04 CEST 2019

Hi Eleonora,

A likely explanation of what you describe is that there are baseline
differences between your conditions of interest. You could check this by
running the statistics you used previously on the raw power in the time
window that you select as a baseline (e.g. cfg.latency = [-0.5 -0.1];
cfg.avgovertime = 'yes';). The difference you are observing between your
conditions are then explained by differences that already exist in the
baseline. If you apply a baseline correction you get rid of this effect.

Best,
Tara van Viegen
Senior-RA (aspiring post-doc)
Neuroscience of Attention & Perception Lab
Princeton University
tviegen at princeton.edu