[FieldTrip] Correct wPLI analysis

Eelke Spaak e.spaak at donders.ru.nl
Mon Nov 25 17:01:42 CET 2019

Dear Daniel,

Even though in principle wPLI should be unbiased w.r.t. trial count, I
would not expect to get very informative results from a contrast
between a condition with 1000 and one with 5 trials. Specifically, the
estimate (wPLI or otherwise) for the condition with only 5 trials will
be rather poor. You could always resort to downsampling the condition
with 1000 trials (i.e., randomly pick 5 trials from that one) to get a
feeling for the quality of the data you are dealing with.

Best,
Eelke