[FieldTrip] plotting

John Davis jdavis at mrn.org
Thu Nov 21 19:42:53 CET 2019

Thankyou for any help on this. I have been using fieldtrip for time
frequency beamforming with dics. The activity plots to grey matter as it
should. Now I am plotting evoked data from lcmv, and/or with mne. The
headmodel, the sourcemodel, and the sensors appear to make sense with each
other, but source_plot gives me activity way outside the bounds of the
brain.
To test I have attempted to use ft_plot_mesh (the following is copied from
tutorial):

load source;
m=sourceFIC.avg.pow(:,450);
ft_plot_mesh(sourceFIC, 'vertexcolor', m);
view([180 0]); h = light; set(h, 'position', [0 1 0.2]); lighting gouraud;
material dull

where m represents the feature described in the plot_mesh function
'vertexcolor'  = [r g b] values or string, for example 'brain', 'cortex',
'skin', 'black', 'red', 'r',      ***or an Nx3 or Nx1 array where N is the
number of vertices.***

Fieldtrip rejected m from this line:
ft_plot_mesh(sourceFIC, 'vertexcolor', m);

In source_plot I have looked at scales, coorsys, units, and anything else I
can think of. I can't make plot_mesh work. What do I do?

--
John Davis, PhD
Cell: (520) 907-9769
jdavis at mrn.org