[FieldTrip] Beginner in FieldTrip: EEGLab to FieldTrip + SSVEP Analysis

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Mon May 20 18:29:56 CEST 2019

Dear Danielle,

check out these two wiki pages.

https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/EEGLAB_and_Fieldtrip#Converting_between_EEGLAB_and_Fieldtrip_data_structures
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/A08:_DIPFIT#Advanced_source_reconstruction_using_DIPFIT.2FFieldtrip

Best wishes,

Arno

On May 20, 2019, at 9:03 AM, Taylor, Danielle <danielle.taylor at okstate.edu<mailto:danielle.taylor at okstate.edu>> wrote:

Hello FieldTrippers,

My name is Danielle Taylor and I am a graduate student at Oklahoma State University. I am currently trying to learn to use FieldTrip, and I am quite the novice. I am, however, quite familiar with EEGLab, and have previously used Matlab to run EEGLab processes.

 I am currently processing data for a study in which I am evaluating an ERP (the LPP) and the SSVEP. I have compiled my ERPs, and therefore hoped to import my EEGLab data to Fieldtrip and complete SSVEP analyses.

My questions are quite broad.
1) Can I import EEGLab data that has been processed through artifact rejection (I have used filters, ICA, have data binned and epoched, and have run automated artifact rejection routines)? Is it possible to import from this point and then complete fourier transformation in fieldtrip? If so, how? I have seen that one can use eeglab2fieldtrip, but do I need other specifications in my code? Alternatively, the EEGLab website recommends this code:
hdr = ft_read_header( EEGLABFILE );

data = ft_read_data( EEGLABFILE, 'header', hdr );
events = ft_read_event( EEGLABFILE, 'header', hdr );

Does it matter which method I use?

2) I am evaluating the SSVEP in 4 separate windows that are the same measurements as my ERP (400-700ms, 700-1000, 1000-2000 and 2000-3000). I have seen samples of code that use a moving window, but not that have used specific windows such as this.

I apologize if these questions are too vague, but any help or even a sample script would be much appreciated. Thank you very much for your assistance in advance!

Regards,

Danielle Taylor, M.S.
Doctoral Candidate,
Clinical Psychology
Oklahoma State University

Breach of Confidentiality or Accidental Breach of Confidentiality: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.