[FieldTrip] Error occurs when applying searchgrid for lambda in MVPA light toolbox

Herfurth, Kirsten Kirsten.Herfurth at uk-erlangen.de
Tue May 7 13:08:49 CEST 2019

Dear fieldtrip developers,

I'm extremely enthusiastic about the newly implemented MVPA light toolbox on fieldtrip, thanks a lot! I'm trying out logistic regression on my data and would like to do a search grid for lambda with cfg.mvpa.param.lambda = 'auto'. However, I get the following error message in line 433 of train_logreg.m when calculating the gradient g = ((cfg.weights .* sigma)' * YX)'/N - sumyxN + lambda * w: matrix dimensions must agree.
If I just pass one value for lambda, it works fine.
The same error occurs with the tutorial data. Here, cfg.weights has a 100x1 dimension, and sigma is 80x1 in size. I'm using Matlab 2017b and the most recent fieldtrip 2019-04-19 version.

I don't know where to fix this and would be very grateful for your help.

Best wishes,

Kirsten Herfurth

Post-Doc at the MEG-lab in Erlangen, Germany