[FieldTrip] The file of .nii format can't be open

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Wed Mar 6 09:08:02 CET 2019

Dear Zhipeng,

The reason you cannot open these files with ft_read_mri is because these files are so called ‘cifti’ format files. They should be opened with ft_read_cifti.
Please refer to the HCP documentation on the HCP-related websites for more information.

Best wishes,
Jan-Mathijs

J.M.Schoffelen, MD PhD
Associate PI, VIDI-fellow - PI, language in interaction
Telephone: +31-24-3614793
Physical location: room 00.028
Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging, Nijmegen, The Netherlands