[FieldTrip] Code style and Matlab versions

Andrew Janke floss at apjanke.net
Sat Mar 23 19:42:14 CET 2019

Hi, FieldTrip folks,

I'm a software developer working with a student who's using FieldTrip
for their thesis, and would like to make a couple Pull Requests to the
FieldTrip project.

What's the standard code style for FieldTrip? It looks like 2 spaces for
indents, but this isn't consistent between all the files.

Would you want style-only Pull Requests? How about Pull Requests that
fix Matlab lint warnings ("code inspections")?

I noticed in http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/faq/requirements/ that you
try to support older Matlab versions. What's the oldest Matlab version
you're currently targeting? I'm wondering what recently-added Matlab
features can be used yet, and which versions of Matlab I should run the
tests under.

Speaking of which, how do you run the full FieldTrip test suite (the
stuff in the test/ directory)?

Cheers,
Andrew Janke
floss at apjanke.net