[FieldTrip] labeling EEG maps against mental workload

Luca L. longo.luca at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 11:15:26 CEST 2019

Dear community

I was wondering whether you can help me with the problem described below.

I have 5 head maps (for different  EEG bands, horizontally displayed),
produced from 32 electrodes (10-20 system). Each picture (sets of 5
horizontal head maps) is the summary of 1 second EEG activity. Each head
map uses colors for power ( BLUE -> very low power; RED -> very high power
for that band)

I would need:
1) given 5 head maps (horizontally displayed and representing 1 second of
activity via different EEG bands), how can I extract a representative class
of mental workload (for that 1 second)
2) if the above is possible, does it require a human expert who can label
via visual inspection or can this labeling be done automatically?
3) which theories/procedures/methods would you use for enabling this
mapping and could you explain how this can be done in details please?

Thanking you in advance for your kind help, I wish you all a nice day.
Luca

Example 1
[image: 500-502.png]
Example 2