[FieldTrip] Fieldtrip dipole fit

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Wed Jun 19 11:11:43 CEST 2019

Hi Rita,

I don’t know what a ‘cluster mixing matrix of the components’ is.
Generally, you’d need to create a fieldtrip-compatible data structure of  the type ’timelock’ (see ft_datatype_timelock, look for it on the website and in utilities/ft_datatype_timelock), or of the type ‘comp’ (see ft_datatype_comp).

If the above mentioned cluster mixing matrix of the components is the same as just the mixing matrix that transforms from components to channels, then this is what in FieldTrip is known as the ’topo’ matrix.

If you do a targeted search on the fieldtriptoolbox.org<http://fieldtriptoolbox.org> website (don’t forget to look into the FAQ, tutorial and example script sections) I am pretty sure that you can find the necessary information.

Also, it might be useful to study the code in ft_componentanalysis, which is a wrapper around a host of blind-source separation algorithms. Feel free to add functionality for the arabica method, and submit this as a PR on github.

Best wishes,

Jan-Mathijs