[FieldTrip] EGI mff file import

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Thu Jun 13 18:07:37 CEST 2019

Dear Raphael,

I happened to bump into Trey Avery, from Philips/egi the other day, and he mentioned that you might want to consider to increase the java heap memory to a larger value. How this can be done is shown here: https://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/matlab_external/java-heap-memory-preferences.html

That is, in your message you are a bit ambiguous as to where exactly in the code the slowdown takes place. If it is indeed preproc, as you mention, then it’s probably not an input/output problem.

Anyway, it wouldn’t hurt to try I think. Could you let us know whether this works for you? In that case we can add this to our documentation section of ‘getting started with egi data’ on our fieldtriptoolbox.org<http://fieldtriptoolbox.org/> website. Also, the current version of that part of the documentation could be improved a bit I think to reflect better the recent improvements to the code (i.e. the use of the v3 reader…). Feel free to suggest changes yourself.

Best wishes,

Jan-Mathijs